How a dietitian can support a PCN achieve Diabetes QoF Targets
For diabetes patients, QOF focuses on measures such as HbA1c, blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight management. This presentation will highlight how referring patients to dietitians can significantly improve outcomes on relevant diabetes QOF indicators.
Specific topics covered include:
- The role of dietitians in providing nutrition counseling, diabetes education, and carb counting guidance to enhance self-care
- How group education classes at the surgery can efficiently reach more patients
- Evidence demonstrating dietitian interventions lead to better glycemic control and health outcomes
- Processes for consistent GP referrals to dietitians, especially for new diagnoses and annual reviews
- Tailoring dietitian services to best support the GP practice and patients
The presentation will emphasize how collaboration between GPs and dietitians can optimize diabetes care and provide practical suggestions for referral processes.