Primary care aspects of HIV
This talk will discuss the primary care aspects of the management of HIV, including cervical screening, contraception, drug interactions, frailty and the management of the menopause in women with HIV.
- Understand why women with HIV need annual smears, and how to arrange this
- Know how to manage the menopause in women with HIV
- Be able to safely prescribe in patients with HIV who may be at risk of drug interactions from their antiretroviral therapy
- Be aware of the issues to do with ageing and frailty in women with HIV
- Know when to offer an HIV test, and why it is important to diagnose HIV early
- Be able to recognise HIV seroconversion