Diabetes distress – how to recognise the signs and provide support
• Living with diabetes imposes considerable burden on daily life and requires a variety of skills in order for a person to adapt and cope.
• Over time these demands can result in ‘diabetes distress’ affecting ability to self-care and physical and emotional health.
• Attend this session to learn the signs of distress and discover a simple 7 Step Model for providing support in time-limited consultations.
- 1.7 Step Model for Supporting Individuals with Diabetes Distress
- 2.Participants will be signposted to a free to download resource provided by Diabetes UK