Lifestyle as medicine in diabetes management
• What is Lifestyle Medicine, and why is it important?
• In many individuals type 2 diabetes can be treated and placed into clinical remission with lifestyle changes
• Simple dietary changes can have a significant impact on weight loss, glycaemic control and blood pressure
• Lifestyle changes can reduce the dependence on medications required for treatment of both metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- •#1change at a time
- •Prescribing template for lifestyle changes
- •Information sheet containing safety guidance and resources on how to implement lifestyle changes into clinical practice