Specialist diabetes clinics in primary care. Are you NICE?
Primary care is taking a greater role in diabetes management seeing complex cases. Some management tips will be explored:
• Key guidelines on type 2 diabetes management and tailoring it to the individual. Illustrated with case studies.
• Presentation of unusual cases encountered in primary care to include some with type 1 diabetes. Audience participation.
• Outline of essential sick day rules.
• What is it? Picture quiz.
- At the end of the session attendees should be able to outline guidance on tailoring medication to the individual.
- Participants will have the opportunity to discuss complex cases they may meet in primary care.
- Some resources to support people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes manage sick day rules will be provided and discussed.