Bending the curve on urban diabetes - lessons from cities changing diabetes programme in Leicester
Leicester is the first UK city to join the Cities Changing Diabetes global programme.
The session will specifically cover:
• The creation and development of collaborative relationships across the city including professional sports clubs and houses of faith
• How research data and stakeholder input has led to the creation of new stakeholder-initiated programmes for T2D prevention
• Plans for making Cities Changing Diabetes in Leicester sustainable
- Being part of the Global Cities Changing Diabetes network, we have access to a range of tools which enable health leaders to map the diabetes problem and create an action plan for tackling diabetes in their city.
- We would be able to provide copies of a Diabetes projection model and the Rule of Halves framework which help leaders map the diabetes problem alongside the diabetes priority & vulnerability assessments which will help focus key priorities when setting action plans.