The Role of Clinical Pharmacists in Diabetes - Can they add to the NHS Workforce?
• NHS priorities and role of pharmacists in diabetes
• Shaping education in diabetes for pharmacists
• Examples of interventions with pharmacists.
• Measuring impact on:
- the pharmacists knowledge and confidence
- satisfaction from people living with diabetes
- improvements in reaching treatment targets
We have developed a programme for pharmacists that includes
- Face to face training
- One to one mentoring in practice
- Q&A Workshops
How can we measure and prove good outcomes for both the Pharmacist and the patient?
What impact does the Pharmacist have on the rest of the practice?
- - Importance of an educated workforce
- - Methods and means of enhancing skills of the pharmacist
- - Practical ways of implementing and measuring education
- - Utilizing and equipping this valuable asset the best we can to bring about better quality of life for people living with diabetes. This is our ultimate goal!