EDGEALERT was developed to meet the needs of Primary Care following EMIS IT system supplier’s announcement of the removal of its panic button feature. The impact of this, requires practices to make new plans for dealing with emergency situations. GP Practices need an alternative software option that reduces the risk to personal safety and supports the NHS Zero Tolerance Policy.
The user friendly Panic Button is displayed on the user’s desktop. It is easily accessible through a Hover Desktop Button icon. Clicking on the icon subtly alerts the team with an on-screen message that a colleague needs assistance at their location.
EDGEALERT can be preconfigured with all practice locations. Once the application is installed on a devices it will automatically provide a list of locations for mobile users to choose from, based on their current practice location. With one click users can select their location. In addition, it provides a fixed option, which is remembered for static users/devices.
The Location Tracking functionality means that the practice team can easily see which member of staff is logged in, in which location and in which room, giving the practice full visibility of a multisite workforce. This function provides a Realtime ‘attendance sheet’ in the event of a serious incident such as a fire evacuation.
The Responder Feature caters for staff simultaneously raising and responding to multiple alerts. It also captures information on who, when and where an incident was raised and responded to, which assists with the CQC reporting evidence requirements for serious incidents.
A System Information Report downloads a copy of PC/Laptop information across practice sites. This function is useful for PC Audits and the DSP Toolkit.
- Fully compliant with Windows 10 and 11.
- Supports all clinical systems including: EMIS, TPP/SystmOne and Vision.
- Developed in .NET7.
- Future proofed with fully managed updates.
- Hosted in Microsoft Azure - UK South Data Centre.
- Compatible with Software Deployment Systems such as SCCM and Cetero etc.
- Functionality supports both PCs and laptops onsite as well as for offsite or remote users.
Data & Information Security
EDGEBITS continuously works to ensure our services are up to date with the latest Cyber security requirements. We are:
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essential Plus Certified.
- NHS Data Protection Security Tool Kit Accredited.
- Regularly CHECK Pen-tested by Dionach Ltd.
- Registered with Information Commissioners Office.
- Crown Commercial Services Approved – Digital Outcomes Specialist 6, G Cloud 13, MLCSU SaaS.